\as`sam*ese"\ (&?;), a. of or pertaining to assam, a province of british india, or to its inhabitants. -- n. sing. & pl. a native or natives of assam.
may refer to:
- Assamese people, native speaker of Assamese language
- People of Assam, multi-ethnic, multi-linguistic and multi-religious people of Assam
- Assamese language, one of the easternmost Indo-Aryan languages
- Assamese script, the script used to write the Assamese Language
- Assam tea, tea grown in Assam
- Assam silk, Silk cultivated in Assam
- Assamese Culture, the culture of Assamese people
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Assamese is an Indo-Iranian language spoken in Assam; Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh, India.
The language is: Assamese
1. native or inhabitant of the state of Assam in northeastern India
2. the Magadhan language spoken by the Assamese people; closely related to Bengali
1. of or relating to or characteristic of Assam or its people or culture
(n. sing. & pl.
A native or natives of Assam.
Of or pertaining to Assam, a province of British India, or to its inhabitants.
Translate the English term Assamese to other languages