distantly; from afar; considerably; very
\far\ (?), n. [see farrow.] (zo?l.) a young pig, or a litter of pigs.far
\far\, a. [farther (#) and farthest (#) are used as the compar. and superl. of far, although they are corruptions arising from confusion with further and furthest. see further.] [oe. fer, feor, as. feor; akin to os. fer, d. ver, ohg. ferro, adv., g. fern, a., icel. fjarri, dan. fjirn, sw. fjerran, adv., goth. faīrra, adv., gr. &?;&?;&?;&?;&?; beyond, skr. paras, adv., far, and prob. to l. per through, and e. prefix for-, as in forgive, and also to fare. cf. farther, farthest.] 1.
distant in any direction; not near; remote; mutually separated by a wide space or extent. they said, we be come from a far country. ix. 6. the nations far and near contend in choice. 2.
remote from purpose; contrary to design or wishes; as, far be it from me to justify cruelty. 3.
remote in affection or obedience; at a distance, morally or spiritually; t enmity with; alienated. they that are far from thee ahsll perish. lxxiii. 27. 4.
widely different in nature or quality; opposite in character. he was far from ill looking, though he thought himself still farther. anstey. 5.
the more distant of two; as, the far side (called also off side) of a horse, that is, the right side, or the one opposite to the rider when he mounts.
note: the distinction between the adjectival and adverbial use of far is sometimes not easily discriminated.
as far as louis the far
by far so far
far-flung far and wide
far-famed far point
as far forth as far-out
thus far so far forth
far-right not far
far-reaching a far cry
in so far go far
to go far
Farandoyle Tracker Music Module
The Sims (Maxis) Archive File
Federal Aviation Regulations
may refer to:
- Fuerzas Armadas Rebeldes (Rebel Armed Forces), the first guerilla organization in Guatemala
- Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias, the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces
- Forces Armées Royales, the Moroccan Army
- Forces Armées Rwandaises, the Rwandan Armed Forces
- Fund for Armenian Relief
- FAR Rabat, a Moroccan football club
- FAR (Tracteurs FAR), a French truck manufacturer
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
From the Bible, Samuel 20:20. And Joab answered and said, Far be it, far be it from me, that I should swallow up or destroy.' Meaning
A quiet and rural place. Origin
Hardy took the title for his novel from Thomas Gray's poem - Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard
'Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife,
Their sober wishes never learn'd to stray;
Along the cool sequester'd vale of life
They kept the noiseless tenor of their way.' Origin
From Shakespeare's Richard III.
recedentia, longe, procul
floor/area ratio: the ratio of total housing floor area to total land area,often used for measure the density of land.
1. a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to reinstitute Hutu control; "in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists"
(synonym) Army for the Liberation of Rwanda, ALIR, Former Armed Forces, Interahamwe
(hypernym) terrorist organization, terrorist group, foreign terrorist organization, FTO
(classification) Rwanda, Rwandese Republic, Ruanda Adjective
1. at a great distance in time or space or degree; "we come from a far country"; "far corners of the earth"; "the far future"; "a far journey"; "the far side of the road"; "far from the truth"; "far in the future"
(antonym) near, close
2. being of a considerable distance or length; "a far trek"
3. being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle; "the horse on the right is the far horse"; "the right side is the far side of the horse"
4. beyond a norm in opinion or actions; "the far right"
1. to a considerable degree; very much; "a far far better thing that I do"; "felt far worse than yesterday"; "eyes far too close together"
2. at or to or from a great distance in space; "he traveled far"; "strayed far from home"; "sat far away from each other"
3. at or to a certain point or degree; "I can only go so far before I have to give up"; "how far can we get with this kind of argument?"
4. remote in time; "if we could see far into the future"; "all that happened far in the past"
5. to an advanced stage or point; "a young man who will go very far"
Federal Acquisition Regulations;
Federal Aviation Regulations;
False Alarm Rate
i bhfad ó
husked wheat; grain| spelt; coarse meal| grits; sacrificial meal; dog's bread
Federal Acquisition Regulation; Federal Aviation Regulation
Federal Acquisition Regulation or Federal Aviation Regulation
a. very far Hirbell =
a. very far, distant Hybell =
a. far ranging; distant Hyd =
n. length; continuity; while, prep. to, unto, as far as, ad. till; to the place that; along ever Pell =
a distant, remote, far Pellau =
v. to put far off; to go far or distant Pelldrem =
n. a far view Pelldremiant =
n. a far viewing Ymhell =
adv. at a distance, far
hands are held together, thumbs pointing away from the body. The right hand moves straight ahead in a slight arc. The left hand does not move.
The set of regulatory obligations contained in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations which FAA is charged to enforce in order to promote the safety of civil aviation both domestically and internationally. (FAA1)
Fixed Alternative Routing
Facility Request message
1. deeply infatuated; 2. extremely mad; 3. extremely drunk; 4. almost exhausted; 5. almost dead; dying 1. exclamation of surprise or wonder; 2. exclamation of annoyance, frustration, etc.; 3. used as a euphemism for "F*ck!" fast bowler (like a baseball pitcher)
Federal Acquisition Regulations Laws regulating government contracting. Go to the FAR .
Federal acquisition regulation.
FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATION (FAR) - The body of regulations which is the primary source of authority governing the Government procurement process. The FAR, which is published as Chapter 1 of Title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations, is prepared, issued, and maintained by under the joint auspices of the Secretary of Defense, the Administrator of General Services, and the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Actual responsibility for maintenance and revision of the FAR is vested jointly in the Defense Acquisition Regulatory Council (DARC) and the Civilian Agency Acquisition Council. The FAR provisions are implemented and augmented by the various agency supplements, and are subject to interpretation by the entities such as the Federal courts, the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, the General Services Board of Contract Appeals and others.
Federal Aviation Regulations (U.S.)
Translate the English term Far to other languages